The following Sherlock Holmes
trivia came from one of my favorite reference books, Encyclopedia Sherlockiana: The Complete A-To-Z Guide of the World of
the Great Detective, written by Matthew E. Bunson.
1. What is the name of the village in Afghanistan where Dr.
Watson was wounded?
2. Who was the greengrocer with the wooden leg who brought
supplies to Alexander Holder in “The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet?”
3. Who was the Scotland Yard detective in charge of the
investigation of “The Naval Treaty?”
4. Where did Holmes recover after his ordeal in “The Reigate
5. What weapon did Holmes use to destroy the busts of Napoleon
in “The Adventures of the Six Napoleons?”
6. Who was the owner of the Aurora
in The Sign of Four?
7. Where did Dr. Watson take his degree of Doctor of Medicine?
8. Who was Holmes disguised as in “The Adventure of Black
9. What did Violet Hunter, Mary Morstan, Miss Dabney, Grace
Dunhar and Miss Burnet have in common?
10. Who did Holmes refer to as the King of All Blackmailers and
the worst man in London?